Our Electric Brewhouse in Istanbul

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarikapak

Reaction score
Hello, just finished shooting whole lagering process which took 2 months to complete. The editing of the footage is done and now it's uploaded to youtube.

The lager tastes great, unfortunately it takes only 1 week to finish it all :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, just finished shooting whole lagering process which took 2 months to complete. The editing of the footage is done and now it's uploaded to youtube.

The lager tastes great, unfortunately it takes only 1 week to finish it all :)

http://youtu.be/85wjnFiGeNY

That was a VERY well done video!

that was a cool fermenter

Yeah! But did you see that AMAZING false bottom system?

SHAMELESS PLUG!

Way to go you guys! Your brewery looks incredible. The floor drain is a really killer touch most of us here do not have!

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
Jay

Hey Tarik, I was so impressed with your system that I posted a comment on the youtube vid that I'd like to also re-post here:

"Very interesting! How does brewing in your country fit with what western media would have us believe as ever advancing conservative Islamic religious views? Knowing Turkey to be a moderate state, I can only assume that there is both a tolerance or even an allowance for your (our) hobby, yet a disdain for it too, given the goals of sharia proponents. You could advise for system design in basements all over Iran and Saudi..."

Great video and nice process! Some of the best beer, certainly the most satisfying I've ever drank, have been in the Middle East.

@spentbrains,

It is true that the current gov't is conservative, anti-democratic and has islamist views. But one has to know that alcohol has been consumed for thousands of years in Anatolia (where modern Turkey is) and hasn't been banned. It is very unlikely that it will be ever banned too.

Having said that, Turkey has nothing in common with Saudis or any other Arabic countries when it comes to social norms and culture. Iran is another case, and I can write for pages here... But we're not here for politics, are we? :)

BTW, unlike most western countries, it is legal in Turkey to brew 350 liters of fermented drinks (beer, wine, mead etc) for personal consumption.

Cheers!
Tarik.

Back