Ordering the rest of my Keezer parts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antler

Reaction score
Im about to order the rest of my Keezer parts in a few days, so I figure I would make a list of what I already have, and what I'm ordering, maybe you guys can tell me if I'm missing anything.

ALREADY HAVE
4 ball lock cornys
Dual body regulator
2-way manifold
3-way manifold
20lb CO2 tank

ORDER LIST
10" drip tray
3 hex nuts
3 neoprene washers
3 SS tail pieces
3 4 1/8" SS shanks
3 Perlicks 525ss
3 Faucet knobs
4 gas disconnects
4 liquid disconnects
40ft gas line
40ft beer line

If anyone is wondering about the manifolds I'll have 3 beers on tap, and I want to be able to force carb and/or run my beer gun on a 4th keg.

If you're getting stainless faucets and shanks, I'd go with stainless tailpieces as well.

clamps to connect your tubing to the ball lock quick disconnects, and to connect the tubing to your tailpieces/outlets on your manifolds. Also if you have threaded connections (instead of barbed), you'll need swivel stem assemblies.

Thanks guy, I've already got a lot of clamps so that's taken care of. The tail pieces are stainless as well forgot to write that in there.

I also added a filter setup too.

Filtering question. I'm getting a filter setup that filters beer from one keg to another keg. What post should the filtered beer enter? The gas or liquid?

If your regulator doesn't have check valves, it's not a bad idea to get some. I use the cheapies from US Plastics instead of the more expensive ones built into the shut-off valves. Also, you probably don't need 40' of gas line. The beer lines need to be longer for balancing but the gas doesn't.

If you're just transferring from keg to keg when filtering, go from liquid to liquid. That way the keg will fill from the bottom up. If you use the gas post, the beer will drop into the keg and foam bad (if it's carbed). Even if it isn't carbed, it's better to fill from the bottom so it doesn't splash around.

Antler said:
Filtering question. I'm getting a filter setup that filters beer from one keg to another keg. What post should the filtered beer enter? The gas or liquid?

Anytime you transfer beer from keg to keg always go liquid post to liquid post.

Antler said:
Thanks chandler

Yep. Summerofgeorge beat me to it though.

A thought though, if you took uncarbonated beer from one keg and pushed it into the gas side on an empty keg that had been purged of O2 with co2, would that force carb it? If done at 20 psi or so using the bleeder valve on the receiving keg to control flow it may not be too Foamy. Sounds tragically messy.

ChandlerBang said:
Yep. Summerofgeorge beat me to it though.

A thought though, if you took uncarbonated beer from one keg and pushed it into the gas side on an empty keg that had been purged of O2 with co2, would that force carb it? If done at 20 psi or so using the bleeder valve on the receiving keg to control flow it may not be too Foamy. Sounds tragically messy.

Besides, why would you have a keg of uncarbed beer? That's just crazy talk.

Latest posts

Back