Oranges and Raspberries?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calder

Reaction score
Do Oranges and Raspberries go together.

I have a raspberry chocolate porter in the fermenter right now. The raspberries and cocoa have been in a week so far. Planning to leave it another 3 weeks on the fruit before bottling.

I also have the zest of 6 oranges that have been in vodka for a week. My plan is to add the zest and vodka to the beer in another week, and let it sit in the beer for 2 weeks before bottling.

Is this too much?? At first it seemed like a good idea, but now I'm wondering if I'm trying to put too much in the beer.

It's a Porter with lots of chocolate malt, some C90, a touch (0.25 lbs) of Honey malt, and some acid malt. No black or roast malts. Mt Rainier hops, and half a stick of brewers licorice, fermented with Thames II yeast.

9 lbs of raspberries and 12 ozs of cocoa powder in 7.5 gallons.

One idea is to pour a small glass of the raspberry chocolate porter before you bottle and add the orange tincture you made to the glass and see if you like it? I mean add the orange flavored vodka you have now, not the orange zest itself.

Ive had orange raspberry chocolate and stuff that was pretty good...that being said I would definitely try a little bit before committing to a whole batch

Back