Orange Home depot bucket, for bottling sour?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pyg

Reaction score
Starting a sour and will need a separate bottling bucket. Since I bottle with a vacuum pump I can not use any of my existing equipment.
I know that the orange Home Depot buckets are not food grade, but could they be used for only a bottling bucket?

I am sure it would be fine but why bother? You can get a food grade bucket for free from the grocery store or a cheap bottling bucket from the home brew shop.

There was a Basic Brewing podcast series on homebrew toxicity and they did talk about Home Depot buckets. Basically just said to avoid long term fermenting. Short term bottling or storage of dry ingredients should be fine.

The Home depot by me also carries white food grade 5 gallon pails, check and see if they have them at your location.

The Home depot by me also carries white food grade 5 gallon pails, check and see if they have them at your location.

The Home Depot does not but Lowes does.
I will have to travel further but still pay less than lhbs

Back