Opinion on Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

14delta

Reaction score
Brewing up a stout tomorrow and just getting my stuff back together after a long bitter divorce where I should have kept my beer stuff... too long a story, but the end is I'm still doing extract brewing before I can get my all grain gear together.

The question: I'm making a chocolate-vanilla stout but I'm thinking of adding espresso... what are thoughts on the espresso being too much with the chocolate-vanilla? Possibly taking away from the other flavors?

Thanks.

I would personally choose either vanilla or chocolate to go with the espresso. I think having both those flavors may muddy up the overall profile you are striving for

If you add coffee do this
Cold Brew it, this is a strong brew.
Add it in small amounts to the bottleing bucket until you get the flavor you want. Remember "small" as once it's in you can't take it out. I use 1 cup in 2 gallons. But mine is so concentrated that I only use 3 gatorade bottle caps in a cup when I'm making coffee.

Back