Oops! Piece of bottling wand fell into keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imjim

Reaction score
Hi Brains Trust,

I’ve just finished racking a Ginger Beer to a 5L growler. I was using a Bottle Wand and unfortunately the plastic valve on the wand wasn’t on very good as it fell into my full growler.

my question is; is it ok to leave it In the growler knowing that it’s been sanitised and being a 5L keg that’s going to be drank in a few days.

many thanks HB!
Jim

Lol, I had a 7/16 nut that was painted red fall into my bk back in 1995. The wort had just began to boil. I had to kill the flame and quickly fish the nut out using a magnet. I named the batch (Red Nut Ale) as it was an amber ale. It turned out to be an excellent amber. I entered it in a local Chicago competition and to took third place. Then a friend who had just began working as a brew master at a near by brewery wanted to copy it as their flagship beer. They call it Lincoln Red and they continue making it today.

Wow that's some really awesome stories!! Thank you for sharing those!!!
By the way the GB tastes beautiful!

Back