Oops! Did I ruin my brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishOdell

Reaction score
I have my second Brew going, but I'm afraid I may have messed it up. I was checking on it on the second day of primary fermentation and the glass of water I had my blow-off tube in had overflowed with a mess of foam etc., In cleaning up the mess I shook my carboy more than anticipated... Did I screw up the batch or will it be okay? Thanks in advance for any help!

This early in the fermentation you did no harm at all. Even later, until fermentation is totally done, you would have to really shake the bejeebers out of it to cause a problem.

if its just day 2, i dont see any issues, imthink you will be ok.

Shouldn't be a problem, all the headspace in the fermenter should be CO2 by now. Especially if you are having to clean up blow off!

Thanks folks! I'm still small time... My brew is only a gallon! I'm trying to get a good handle on what I'm doing before I sink more money into more equipment. I've got PPS, AKA Poor paramedic syndrome!😉🍻🍀

I've got PPS, AKA Poor paramedic syndrome!😉🍻🍀

Sorry to hear that :(
Glad to see you're getting proper medical treatment with ethanol!

Cheers

P.S. Lots of people brew 1-gallon, myself included.

LOL! Thanks! As far as I know it's the only proven treatment!! 🍻🍀🍻🍀🍻🍀
Slainte!

Latest posts

Back