Ooooooh Nooooooo!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ronjer said:

We've discussed this quite a bit around here. We got the heads up on the hop prices from Forrest who's with Austin Homebrew.

You can thank our idiot bastard fu*kstick evil government for the rise in grain prices. :mad: :mad: Oh, hey, just what we need: subsidies for a bullsh*t energy source that isn't feasible as even a partial replacement for fossil fuels.

If grain price increases piss you off, vote accordingly.

Anyway, this is why I'm stocking up. I've got about 9 lbs of hops in my freezer, and 55lbs of Maris Otter and 55lbs of Munich on the way. Gotta get while the gettin's good. I urge you to do the same. If you're still using a lot of extract...not sure what to tell you other than buy a bunch of DME and vacuum-seal and freeze it.

I stocked up on hops, but have not yet done so with grain. Grain in bulk or kegging setup? It's quite a conundrum I'm faced with.

Elect me President of these here UNited States of America and I promise to get the price of brewing ingredients down AND legalize home distillation. I won't do much else, but at least I will be honest about it.

Brewpastor for President - vote early, vote often, vote for me...

Brewpastor said:
Elect me President of these here UNited States of America and I promise to get the price of brewing ingredients down AND legalize home distillation. I won't do much else, but at least I will be honest about it.

A brew pot in every kitchen platform!

Brewpastor said:
...legalize home distillation. I won't do much else, but at least I will be honest about it.

I'm with you:drunk: :drunk: heh heh

Brewing Clamper said:
So what's the best place to buy bulk hops from now?

yeah, even at $12/lb, it's worth it...as long as you're getting multiple pounds. Otherwise the shipping might hurt too much.

I had a look at hopsdirect tonight and strange enough for orders of cascades under 2 lbs the price was $14 / lb, for orders over 2 lbs the price was $30 / lb. WTF!!!!!!

Anyways, this got me sufficiently freaked out enough that I just bought 5 lbs of cascades on ebay for $60. This should keep me going until either the market sorts itself out, or I learn to accept this new reality.

Here is a good quote from the news!
"Price increases are less likely from larger commercial breweries, such as Anheuser-Busch, because they use less hops, some brewers said." And the taste sucks!

Yup. Bud has always been cheap and always will be.

I could piss out the last 9 homebrews and could fill a six pack of Bud and get the same aftertaste.

Latest posts

Back