Ooma Telo Users?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HBngNOK

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
We're a diverse bunch! Do we have any Ooma users here? What do you think, would you recommend it?

Ooma_Web_Carousel-Slide1-1200px-Sep2014.jpg

I switched to Vonage about 3, maybe 4 years ago, and will never go back. Wife makes a LOT of International calls and with this our bill is no higher than for domestic only service.

Love Ooma, great sound and never down. Best part is it is free calling. They do take a small tax, which is required. If you want to be able to block calls, you'll have to subscribe to the service, but it's only $9 a month. I 100% back this product.

Cheer

I have had the same ooma unit since i think 2009. I haven't paid a phone bill since. It works great.

We switched to MagiJack. I like that it works and that it's cheap. The caller ID is not really caller ID (Just shows the number where the associated name is supposed to be) but it's been worth the money.

But they are kind of chintzy TBH. The website looks like an infomercial, and their billing system has much to be desired.

I have no idea how much international is on it. We haven't called international for many years.

The ooma looks like a step up in quality.

We've used the basic service on Ooma for quite a while now (the tax-only price plan - about $3/month). It's awesome. No hesitation - I recommend it.

Look for a refurb unit - half the price and mine worked like brand new.

We switched to MagiJack. I like that it works and that it's cheap. The caller ID is not really caller ID (Just shows the number where the associated name is supposed to be) but it's been worth the money.

But they are kind of chintzy TBH. The website looks like an infomercial, and their billing system has much to be desired.

I have no idea how much international is on it. We haven't called international for many years.

The ooma looks like a step up in quality.

I had one of the early MagiJacks - it kinda-sorta worked for us. Not comfortable enough with it to ditch POTS. They have a billing system ;) ?

This is a MagicJack+ Not supposed to need a computer attached, but I had to attach to my computer to configure it. Now it just sits under the end table the phone sits on.

The other annoyance is that I now have to dial my area code when I make a call inside my area code. Didn't have to before. It's a small annoyance and I rarely call with the house phone. It's really only to screen telemarketers and to have a number to give out to sales people and such.

Latest posts

Back