One week bottle carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nerdyjackal

Reaction score
Is it really possible to bottle carbonate in a week, tested one and it gushed out if the bottle, it has been a at least 95 with a few days in the 100 and I don't have a good way to keep the beer cool currently The carbonation seemed fine but the flat favor could be covered by the peanut butter I added. I cools one for hours in the fridge for a few hours and it had a nice phshhh to it, didnt taste real flat either.

Living in Arizona my house stays pretty warm. I have had brews carbed up in under a week before, but more time and time in the fridge allows the CO2 to absorb into the liquid better. Did you check with a hydrometer to make sure primary fermentation was complete?

Yep checked that both primary and secondary were complete. Normally I know carbonation should take weeks, plus this being a stout base should taste better with age. Just trying to figur out if it would be better to fridge the beer now to help "condition" or just leave them out. The Kansas weather is all over the place ATM 110 to 50 f and I don't have the ability to control the storage temp well ATM other then the fridge . Normally my other beers take 3-5 weeks to carb but this summer had be weird temp wise

Latest posts

Back