One pound of hops...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KKantyka

Reaction score
Well, Im deciding on what to order from hopsdirect and they still dont have their pellet hops available.

Anybody have a picture of how big a bag of vacuum packed WHOLE hops looks like?

I vaguely remember some two ounce whole hops I bought from morebeer being just a little smaller a gallon ziplock. I guess it all depends on how hopsdirect will divide it up.....4oz bags? 2oz?

Sent from my Droid using Home Brew Talk

I just bought a pound of whole leaf hops locally here, so it wasn't vacuum packed, but it's a freezer bag about a foot and a bit tall and almost a foot wide, maybe 2-3 inches thick.

It looks mighty impressive...and it cost $10 which was also, mighty impressive.

It's about the size of a football. I like them because their "pound" is always 20+ oz.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

image-2323616256.jpg

I am still waiting for my hops from HopsDirect, but I ordered some from Fresh Hops and the 1lb bag of Cascade I got was about the size of a football as mentioned above^

I ordered 9 pounds of hops from Hops Direct. The order they shipped was over 11lbs due to them sending 4-7 oz extra in each bag. I also put the hops into 1oz sealed bags and then put those bags into freezer bags for storage.

IMAG0489.jpg

I am still waiting for my hops from HopsDirect, but I ordered some from Fresh Hops and the 1lb bag of Cascade I got was about the size of a football as mentioned above^

I ordered mine the day the 2011 crop was posted and it took about a week to ship, I guess they were busy:cross:. But due to our locations, it was here the day after it shipped. I love them as a company and it's always great to order from them. One of these days I'm going to make it over there for a tour, maybe grab some ditch hops too.

Freshops.com is also a very good company. I have ordered from them many times.

Only issue I've had is my most recent order included 1.5 lbs of Simcoe and they didn't vacuum the bag. It was just ziptied. All other sizes were vaccummed. I wish they had put it into two smaller bags that were sealed.

Quality is always top notch though and they have great varieties.

Yep, that's exactly how my 2 pound bag of simcoe came! Everything else was vacuum sealed, but not the simcoe. I wasn't thrilled, but I just stuck them in the freezer like that for now. I need to go buy some more freezer bags for my foodsaver before I can do anything with them.

Back