Old Style Pilsner

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NorsemenRugby58

Reaction score
I want to try Old Style Pilsner, brewed by Molson....I live in the United States and I have been searching online for a place where I could buy it but can't find one.... anybody know a place online that I can get this beer?

I live in New Hampshire and I want to buy it but its not sold around here and I can't drive to Alberta Canada to buy it.

Ok, I looked it up, and I have heard of it. We used to call it "pill" when I lived out west. And I'm going to have to agree with robtotten :)

Can you buy Labatt Blue? It's a pilsner style beer brewed by Molson.

It's a bad example of a Pilsner (and beer in general). . Unless you have a personal or sentimental reason to try it, there are plenty of better domestic Pilsners you can buy. Buenos you're set on Old Style, email them and they should be able to help.

I have a personal reason to try this beer because I want to try this beer. I don't care if its good or bad....I've killed a 30pack of Keystone Ice before....and a 12 of regular Keystone....they don't come much worse. I saw it in the movie FUBAR and thought it'd be cool to try some.

Ok, I looked it up, and I have heard of it. We used to call it "pill" when I lived out west. And I'm going to have to agree with robtotten :)

Can you buy Labatt Blue? It's a pilsner style beer brewed by Molson.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Labatts Blue by Molson? Don't think so Tim.

But Old Style pils by Molson is OK I guess if you like mega brews. I get them here, probably one of the few I get from up along.

Are you talking about this?

3322105125_70b0272ffd.jpg

I've never heard of it. But it might be fun to try...
Have you tried emailing molson coors and asked who's distributing it in your region?

That's what I would do...

http://www.oldstylepilsner.com/

I've found a lot of these nostalgia and regional beers, most of them re-releases of older recipes, like PBR and Stroh's to actually be really good, and much better than the current BMC. It's always fun to try them. I don't know why people gotta bash some of these beers...They can actually be pretty great. THey recently re-released the 1970's recipe for Schlitz with is actually a decent beer. Much better than the macro crap out there today....Hell, it's part of our beer history.

@ Revvy

Yeah thats the stuff! I e-mailed them and asked about distribution in my area....hopefully the news is good.

Pillies are OK as long as they're REALLY cold. The coldest that I had 'em was snow camping in Ft. Nelson, BC in November (-18C at night). Froze in the can.

While it's the classic FUBAR beer of Terry and Deaner, Old Style has kinda become the beer for the annoying class of western Canadian hipsters who drink swill to make out like they're poor, struggling artists except that they grew up in the wealthy part of town, went to private school and go to mummy and daddy's to do their laundry every week; kinda like the PBR hipsters in Williamsburg.

Best of luck getting it where you are.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Labatts Blue by Molson? Don't think so Tim.

Only in America... ;)

http://www.thestar.com/business/article/850162--coming-soon-labatt-blue-brewed-by-molson

The stuff we get in Canada will still be brewed by Labatt, but because of some anti-monopoly laws, after Anheuser-Busch was purchased by InBev last year they were forced to sell the Blue brand in America. And Molson was the only one who could produce the volume required.

well....I eagerly await the e-mail back from the company. I am going to speak with the owner of my local specialty beer shop & see if he can purchase me a few racks.

Back