old school

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xeno

Reaction score
Greetings. Old school brewer here who became hooked on a couple of very interesting threads especially in the DIY and Yeast and Fermentation sections.

I say old school because I batch sparge, just recently built a decent wort chiller, boil where ever and whenever I feel like it, then lug carboys all over the house trying to find a sweet spot for fermentation. I have even had success at yeast washing but it's hit or miss flavor wise.

Even so, with the old school way, it's actually difficult to mess up a beer if one is sanitary. However once in a while you make a batch that is OUTSTANDING, and there are just too many variables to reproduce what one accomplishes "old school."

So in researching some advancement in my own personal brewery, I really enjoyed what this community offered in terms of advice, support and general debauchery.

I hail from Colorado, which is one heck of a beer state. :mug:

Back