Old fashioned beer tankard vrs modern tall glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobJ

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just bought some old fashioned ale tankards but wen I'm drinking ale in them the head only lasts a couple of mouth fulls but the modern tall lager glass with the mark on the bottom which keeps the bubbles rising keeps the head all the way, a bit disappointed thought the dimpled tankards would have been the ones, any thoughts on this would be grate, cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You could try making a mark on the bottom of the tankards. It might not look as nice as laser-cut, but I've heard of people getting the same effect by just chipping it a little with an ice pick or whatever.

I've heard that scratching the bottom of the glass works, never heard the rice one, I'll give them a try, cheers guys

CLASS in a glass, got my tankards and scratched a little bit of the bottom with a glass cutter, got a nice bubble flow the size of the scratches, scratched the hell out if the bottom and the head is class, great bubble flow, it's nuts when u think about it, so simple!!!

Latest posts

Back