ola

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdunlap85

Reaction score
hi there,

i have been a stalker on this site for a few years, and it's been a terrific resource (thank you all for your contributions). I’ve decided it would be polite to introduce myself before posting questions all willy nilly.

My name is Mike; I’ve been a homebrewer for about 4 years. I’ve moved from extract to all grain this year.

I got into homebrewing in, what i think, is a strange way: i started a new job at an internet hosting company and on my first day my team lead asked me to follow him and another co-worker. We arrive at our destination: the executive bathroom... yea, that's already weird... bear with me... they said they just needed someone to hold the auto siphon while they racked a beer they'd made into the keg from the fermenter for keg conditioning (i didn't know what any of those words meant...). It turns out the VP was planning an office party for the holidays and wanted 2 kegs of beer for the shin dig, so he paid for the ingredients and the kegs and 3 weeks later we had a kegger in his office... that was pretty much it for me, i got to talking to them about home brewing and I knew immediately i wanted this in my life; i was already a serious beer enthusiast so this seemed like the next step.

I'm currently in the process of planning a brewery, working on my 5 year plan and perfecting my recipes.

Back