OK To Drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JONATHANKORTZ

Reaction score
I figured out that the plastic tast in my beer is prob. from not rinseing after I used my cleaner. Is it ok to drink if I can get past the plastic smell and taste or should I just dump it? I am not sure what brand it was I got it from my LHS and it has a slippery soapy feel to it. Guess I should have read the instructions on the front of the package that says to rinse well.
Thanks for the help.

No I have had no side effects. I drank 3 pints the other night and at least 1 pint since and no runs.
On the package it just says cleaner. Not sure the brand. Possibly B-Brite Cleaner I just looked at the LHS website and this is the only one that sounds like the description of mine.

How long has it been bottled?

You would be surprised just how much some time will make on the taste. I am guessing that you are drinking your beer too soon.

Let it sit for at least 3 weeks, 4 is better and the a minimum of 24 hours in the fridge.

had it in the primary 2 weeks and in the secondary 2 weeks then in the bottles for 2 weeks now its been in the fridge for 2 days and still has a plastic taste.

Give it some time.

My first brew tasted bad after two weeks and it had a weird flavor. At three it was better and by four it was very good.

Patience is the hardest part of this obsession. I have learned to not even think about my beer until at least 3 weeks in the fermenter and then at least 3 weeks in the bottles. Every time I try to rush it I can taste the difference. Always much better with some time.

Life is too short to drink bad beer

I just strained a couple of pints through a coffee filter and what a difference that makes. Much better tonight but I will let it sit and give it another shot in a couple of days or a week.

Back