Oh well, it will be beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrk305

Beer Dude in the Sunset
Reaction score
For todays batch I was going to brew Beermunchers Centeniel Blond. The LHBS did not have any Centeniel hops, so I using all Cascade. I wanted to make a low ABV beer to bring to the lake for Memorial Day. I am going to use a coffee cup full of trub to jump start the fermentation so I can bottle in two weeks.

Th trub I am using is from a batch of Ohiobrewtus' Red Hop Ale that I bottled today. Same thing three weeks ago. LHBS did not have any Warrior hops so I substituted Millenium. I tasted a little while bottling and I think it is still going to be a great beer. It is a lot darker than I was expecting.

Both batches are not exactly what I wanted to make (darn hop shortage) but I bet they will still be good.

The boil is on! Back out to the carport..........

It will be good. I hate the hop situation too because I like hoppy beer too. I bought some rhizomes and will become a "NANO" hop farmer. At least I will get some hops out of them. I'm retired and so I have the time to do this but for those who work every day it can become a bit of work around harvest time.

Not that I was in a hurry or anything. I started at 12:30 & finished mopping the kitchen at 4:40. Brewed one & bottled one and everything is cleaned up & put away. Pretty good brewday and the blond is in the bucket.

mrk305 said:
For todays batch I was going to brew Beermunchers Centeniel Blond. The LHBS did not have any Centeniel hops, so I using all Cascade.

Great minds. I'll be doing BM's Centennial tomorrow with Cascade too. In my case it wasn't a hop shortage that prompted it, it was by choice. Likes me the Cascade hops. Too bad we don't live in the same country or we could swap a couple of bottles.

Back