oh no the sky is...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overdbus

Reaction score
Ok just kegged yesterday ,forced carbed and it's cold,
it's a A/G S/N cel clone, washed 1056 (3rd vers.) big starter 1.5L
fermentted in the primary for 5 weeks first 2 at low to mid 60'sf and last
three at room temp 70 to 77,the last 2 dry hopped. Batch sparged
and the boil was SOP post boil was 1.068 at70 f , F/G was 1.008
my first taste was oh shat somethin ain't right, first non beerdrinking test
subject(wife unit) reports “smells like beer ,tastes bitter”, second non
beer drinkin test subject (lady next door) reports smells like peaches tastes
sour/bitter. It looks cloudy ,but don't most of mine ….

now on to “what to do” , after re reading some of Yota's threads on the
o's no's and havin a case of “hot” IIPA bottled up an waitin (6 months-
1 year) to mellow and havin lots o bottles/caps and a good capper.
My thoughts are to bottle a case(bout half) and clean the drains with the
rest oh and the rest of that batch of washed yeast , or with this type of
infec … theses tastes just dump it all and clean everything with acetone?

What to do?

What to do?
Not to be a d1ck or anything, but ... write in sentences and paragraphs. Use appropriate caps and spacings. Have mercy on the reader, who must extract meaning from a spaghetti bowl of rambling ideas.

But to answer your question in seriousness: Bottle it all. Stick it in the back of a closet. Check it again in two or three months.

Never dump a beer! Well, almost never, but don't dump this one. Not yet anyway.

Cheers!

Bottle it, give it time. Green, uncarbed beer often tastes like ass. Let it carb for at least three weeks at 70 degrees F before you think about tasting it. If it's not great yet - give it more time to age.

Also, whatever you do, don't use acetone to clean any of your brewing gear.

Let it carb for at least three weeks at 70 degrees F before you think about tasting it.

He mentioned that he kegged and force carbed. At this point all he can do is condition it in the keg, or bottle it from the keg. The "3 weeks at 70 to carb" thing doesn't really apply....

He mentioned that he kegged and force carbed. At this point all he can do is condition it in the keg, or bottle it from the keg. The "3 weeks at 70 to carb" thing doesn't really apply....

And if i bottle from the keg would you add cronsugar to the keg or a 1/2ts to each bottle?

or none at all ?

And if i bottle from the keg would you add cronsugar to the keg or a 1/2ts to each bottle?

or none at all ?

If it's already fully carbed from you force carbing, then all you need to do is bottle and cap. If it's not fully carbed then wait until it is. At this point if it's half carbed it could be tricky to figure out how much priming sugar you would need.. IMO

If it's already fully carbed from you force carbing, then all you need to do is bottle and cap. If it's not fully carbed then wait until it is. At this point if it's half carbed it could be tricky to figure out how much priming sugar you would need.. IMO

I guess I'll put 'er on da gas and wait a few days -Thanks again ;)

You are 100% correct. I lost that in the jumble, but it *was* right there at the top. Bad on me.

The "patience" advice still applies, though.

You are 100% correct. I lost that in the jumble, but it *was* right there at the top. Bad on me.

The "patience" advice still applies, though.

Sorry bout the jumble and not to worry about using acetone on brewing stuff
use it work and am well aware of the dangers -thanks

Sorry bout the jumble and not to worry about using acetone on brewing stuff
use it work and am well aware of the dangers -thanks

It's not so much that it's dangerous (although that's important too), but it will also etch/melt certain types of plastic, vinyl, and rubber. So it's just not ideal as a cleaner for brewing and/or kitchen equipment in general...

Back