OH CRAP! Weak Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micah

Reaction score
Ok.
So I just returned to brewing after just buying a house and having a baby and have most certinly lost an edge but it has been so fun and brewed 3 batches this month. Well here it goes The P-Ale and an Autumn Ale (Oktoberfest-Ale). both were built/calculated for a 5 gal system that I decided last minute to make 6 gal and use a 6 gal carboy. The OKT is in the 2-ndary. Both beers had an unaccounted for extra gal added can I save the OKT or am I going to have an OKT-LITE? Dang I was super excited about all of this, then I go and screw it up. Any help or pokes are appriciated.
Thank You
-Micah
:mug:

An extra gallon of water should only bring your gravity down slightly. It may be a little lighter, but nothing too drastic in my opinion. Ride it out and see how it ends up. Who knows...it might be the best beer you've made.

An extra gallon of water should only bring your gravity down slightly. It may be a little lighter, but nothing too drastic in my opinion. Ride it out and see how it ends up. Who knows...it might be the best beer you've made.

Noticed only a minor change in gravity but it is a bodyless beer at least the pumpkin ale. I do hope that the OKT has some body to it I was super excited about it and the Yeast Strain I used ( BTY its super clear for an ale) THe Whitebread WYEAST may be my new fave' I should have it bottled tonight.
I keep Trying to go the route of a Cream Ale for the Pumpkin ale and I think that the cream ale just doesnt have the body to carry the spices and give you the FALL feeling. I dont know Ill try an amber the next time. Untill then Thanks.
-Micah

Back