Offer for 3 keg system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

two_one_seven

Reaction score
I made a low ball offer on a kegging system. What do you think it would be worth? It had 3 5gal used kegs, a 3way gang valve, a pretty large C02 tank (couldn't tell the age on this), lines with picnic taps, and replacement O rings. It all looked in nice shape. How much would you have offered? Just curious how lowball I went.......

I made a low ball offer on a kegging system. What do you think it would be worth? It had 3 5gal used kegs, a 3way gang valve, a pretty large C02 tank (couldn't tell the age on this), lines with picnic taps, and replacement O rings. It all looked in nice shape. How much would you have offered? Just curious how lowball I went.......

Hmmm, let's see. The kegs are probably worth $30-40 a piece, the distributor might be worth $30 if it good shape, the co2 tank maybe $60 if it's "large" and 20 pound, if it's out of hydro. The lines and stuff aren't worth much, as you'll want to replace them anyway. A good regulator is worth maybe $30 depending on the brand and how many gauges.

So, if everything is in great shape, I'd have offered $200 and gone up to $240 or so for a fair deal for both parties.

That makes me feel pretty good about my offer 200.00. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. They said the previous party offered 275.00. I said thanks for you time. So I guess it wasn't too low ball.

The bigger issue is it was a bunch of other cruddy brewing equipment, which I didn't want or need. They were asking 400.00 for the lot.

Back