O'Fallon Smoke

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mx750ktm

Reaction score
I haven't had this beer in a long time and I really want to try to replicate this wonderful brew. This was my " FIRST" craft brew I ever had while in Michigan at a motocross race in 2009-2010. I'm new to beersmith and have played around with numbers a bit but would like to see if someone with experience could use the data I know to get me in the ballpark of this beer.

O’FALLON SMOKE PORTER

Dark, rich and smoky…this classic porter is brewed with 63% German smoked malt and makes a perfect after dinner (or anytime) sipper for those who love a “bigger” beer. Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2004 Great American Beer Festival® for best Smoked Beer in America!

Alcohol: 6.0% ABV
Bitterness: 24 IBUs
Color: 29.5 SRM
Grain: Bamberg Smoked Malt, Pale Malt, Caramel 90L, Chocolate, Black, White Wheat
Hops: Chinook, German Hallertau Mittlefruh

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:mug:
Thanks Jake

Still looking to brew this weekend and would love to be able to brew this beer or something close. I'm still messing with the recipe in beersmith. My question is when they mention 66% smoked malt is that for the entire grain bill or just the base malts? Also it calls for crystal 90 can someone give me an amount that would be to much for a beer like this so I have a little more idea when messing with beersmith. Thanks jake

Hate to Bump my thread But the weekend is approaching and I want to get a starter going tonight or tom. Anybody have any ideas on a recipe for the first go. :mug:

My best guess is to do the 63% smoked malt your next biggest will be pale malt (22%)then then Carmel 90 then wheat then chocolate then black.
This just guess work but that is the order I would put it in.

Back