O2 reg and stone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Grrr! So I was "Smart" and didn't purchase a complete stainless air stone + regulator kit; I had to purchase the stone from Morebeer.com and the regulator from Williams Brewing.

So why the hell do they make the stone a
3925.jpg

3/8 connector and the regulator

2187.jpg

a 1/4 connector :confused:. Another trip to friggen Home D / Lowes :mad: Time to drink.

desertBrew said:
So why the hell do they make the stone a 3/8 connector and the regulator a 1/4 connector :confused:.

When you buy the kit you get a smaller stone with a little compression fitting to accept the 1/4 ID tubing...so you really came out ahead of the deal, because you've got a bigger stone.

I was just going to use the regulator and stone with some flex hose when oxygenating the wort. Is this cool or do you use the long shaft :rolleyes: thingie I've seen online?

I'm really trying to resist taking this thread to new low levels... :eek:

desertBrew said:
I was just going to use the regulator and stone with some flex hose when oxygenating the wort. Is this cool or do you use the long shaft :rolleyes: thingie I've seen online?
ScottT had his stone hooked to the end of his racking cane somehow. I've been thinking about hooking mine to the end of my spoon with a twist tie so I could stir while oxygenating.

I figure there's more than one way to make up for the lack of a long shaft. :rolleyes:

Back