O2 bottle fitting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josers

Reaction score
So i tring to build an aeration system, and looking where to get the fitting for the O2 bottle. I have the red bernzomatic bottle. It seems like all I would need is the O2 bottle, the fitting with a value, air stone, and the tubing.

The William's kit also has the stainless wand to its advantage. It still seems pricey for what you get, but it's the one I bought.

If you are going to go for an oxygenation setup, get one on a wand. The plastic tubing is a PITA to sanitize and maneuver in a carboy. If I had it to buy over again, I would get the wand version.

I have seen a few times on this site and elsewhere the comment that oxygenating the wort with pure oxygen seemed to give a thinner flavor that was achieved when oxygenating with air. I have not put that to the test. I have an oxygen tank sitting here in my basement, which I brought home from work. I have not used it, because I keep getting good results by using one of those little plastic splash fitting on the output tubing from the chiller.

Back