Nugget dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pillsburyjoboy

Reaction score
I just made a super light "franken beer" with leftover ingredients. Some flaked wheat, some 2 row, some Belgian Pilsner malt, tetnang, Hallertau and saf- 05.

I did a ten gallon batch and hit my targets ~ 1.050 & 1.004.

I am thinking of dry hopping one secondary with some nugget hops. Thoughts?

I have read a bunch on this but not found anything definitive.

Suggestions welcome.
pills

Sure - for SCIENCE! if nothing else ;)
I've never used Nugget...for anything...but from all accounts, expect heavy herb.
If you have some Hallertau left I'd do the other half with that...

Cheers! :mug:

I did a Maris Otter/Nugget SMaSH. It was..... Interesting....... Named it Otter's Nuggets.

I did like it.

I am no good at describing flavors so I can't tell you what to expect and it was a couple years ago so my memory of it is........

nugget is a nice clean bittering hop used @ 60 mins, I use it all the time in English & Anglo-American styles.
I'm afraid it would come across as quite herbal used as a dry hop, but I've not personally tried it.

edit...
I just found this & it looks like something you might want to read
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=271365

Last edited:
Should have done the nugget!

I am about to add 3oz along with citra, mosaic and simcoe to a DIPA. Nugget smells so good. I can't imagine it not being awesome in a dry hop! Will be my first time using it that way, but I just love the aroma so I'm sure it will be goodness.

dry hop in the keg by putting the hops in a sanitized 1 gallon paint strainer bag tied off with a piece of dental floss. Pinch the dental floss in the seal of the lid when you close it up. You can add a stainless steel ball bearing or glass marble to the bag to weight it down.

Back