Now Brewing in Asheville, NC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThickHead

Reaction score
Greetings HBT community!

I have taken the first steps on a journey that I am quite certain will continue to challenge, thrill and humble me for untold years to come.

My very first batch of homebrew has not yet even finished conditioning in its bottles and I am dreaming of mountainous configurations of stainless steel and copper, great trellises of ripening hops and long afternoons of enjoying the friuts of many labors. Is there a cure? Man...I hope not.

Cheers! :mug:

WASSUUP!?? :mug:
I'm a newbie myself, neighbor. If you get around Raleigh much check out American Brewmaster, good guys over there. And stop by my place for a homebrew.
Welcome, ThickHead.

Hey, thanks for the replies. I am happy to find that NC is representing! Happy homebrewing to both of my eastern neighbors above. As for that Raleigh trip, I actually do cross the piedmont all the way through the Raleigh area on occasion. That ball-buster (just kidding) that signs my paychecks lives in the Greenville area. I make it out there a few times a year for strategy meetings and company events...ok, actually its the bevy of Bavarian brews he pours that draws, but thats between y'all and me.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Thanks! This place is a goldmine of information and interesting characters. Thanks to all those who share this passion, their experience and their personalities.

Cheers! :mug:

Welcome from a guy about 2 hours north of you.

If you haven't, you have to check out Asheville Brewers on Merrimon Ave. Andy, the owner, will treat you right. He's tracked dopwn obscure stuff for me different times that I can't find it.

I make the 2 hour drive to call him my LHBS.

Welcome to the forum. Now, go BREW something. Save a bottle for me for my December trip to Asheville to get a truck load of grain.

Cheers,
Zac

Welcome from a guy about 2 hours north of you.

If you haven't, you have to check out Asheville Brewers on Merrimon Ave. Andy, the owner, will treat you right. He's tracked dopwn obscure stuff for me different times that I can't find it.

I make the 2 hour drive to call him my LHBS.

Welcome to the forum. Now, go BREW something. Save a bottle for me for my December trip to Asheville to get a truck load of grain.

Cheers,
Zac

I am familiar with Asheville Brewers but have not yet been in to check them out. There is a little place in West Asheville called Hops & Vines and the owner Alex and one of his staff members Sequoia have helped guide me through my first brew, an American IPA. Great people with alot of knowledge. The good news in Asheville is the variety available to any who wish to homebrew. Asheville also has quite a craft beer community etablished. There is no shortage of opportunity for exposure to fantastic homebrew, craft brew and local brews here. I am glad you find it worth your time to make the trek down! Thanks for the recommendation!

Welcome Welcome.
My company is delivering a piece of equipment to the Paper Plant in Ashville on Monday.

I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

Too bad I'm currently out of town or your delivery guys could make a detour and try out some of my fresh American IPA! Of course that may cause some delays and potential problems for your logistics and legal departments. :tank:

Thickhead,

Not knocking hops & vines...but asheville brewers blows them out of the water. I won't bore you with the details.. but homebrew is all they do.. no commercial bottle sales.... plus andy will never tell you this, but he owns one of the better breweries in town.

That being said, Hops and Vines has always been good to me. No complaints. ABS has a lot more stuff to choose from & will order anything else for yuh. Plus ABS is a lot easier for me to get to & from. I just follow Merrimon north out of town, jump back on I-26 & stay out of all the stop lights going to Hops & Vines.

BIGKAHUNA:

I'm not that far from asheville......

Cheers,
Zac

Thickhead,

Not knocking hops & vines...but asheville brewers blows them out of the water. I won't bore you with the details.. but homebrew is all they do.. no commercial bottle sales.... plus andy will never tell you this, but he owns one of the better breweries in town.

That being said, Hops and Vines has always been good to me. No complaints. ABS has a lot more stuff to choose from & will order anything else for yuh. Plus ABS is a lot easier for me to get to & from. I just follow Merrimon north out of town, jump back on I-26 & stay out of all the stop lights going to Hops & Vines.

Cheers,
Zac

Hey zac,

Copy that. I will certainly make it in to check out ABS, no doubt. I first went to Hops & Vines because I was looking for a good place for different selections of wines and brews and it was most local to me. During one of my many trips in I found myself cosmically pulled to the back of the store where they carry the brew goodies. The guys there helped me on my way with some eqip, ideas and support. My first ever batch of brew (American IPA) is bottle conditioning as I type this. As I get more and more involved with this soon to be (if it already isnt) infatuation, I am sure I will be exposed to huge caches of knowledge and assistance just within Asheville. Not to mention remote resources like HBT. Thanks for the advice, maybe I'll see you around Asheville sometime!

I hear yuh.

Be sure to tell Andy that some jerk named Zac sent you to him.

Infatuation? Hell, a year ago I hadn't thought about brewing a beer. Now I hate to buy a commercial /c I can do better.

I'm in Ahseville often enough, I'll PM if I can remember next time I'm down there, should be sometime over Christmas/New Years. I'll be the guy in the red truck with a ton of grain & a big smile!

Cheers dude, any questions let me know. Any other needs let me know, We're all here to help.

Zac

Back