November 28th tasting involving Velvet, BA Kopi and Hawaiian Speedway

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vantuylw

Reaction score
Some friends and I are doing a tasting on Saturday November 28th. Location is New Hyde Park, NY on Long Island. It's a 30 minute LIRR train from penn station and my house is a mile away from the train station and also a few minutes off of Northern State if you would be driving. Was thinking of starting around 7:30 or 8pm but open to suggestions and will try to accommodate everyone. Looking for 2 or 3 more people. I am personally opening up AleSmith: regular Speedway, Vietnamese, BA Vietnamese, Velvet, JBM, BA Kopi, Kopi and Hawaiian. Some other guys are bringing some sour/saisons and maybe iPas to break up the stout fest a little. Below are some dream beers that if you have and are willing to bring would be amazing:

Three Floyds: Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Lord (any year)
Three Floyds: Murda'd Out Stout
Goose Island: Nutulhu
Creature Comfort: See the Stars
Modern Times: Monsters Park- Bourbon Barrel Aged with Coconut & Cacao Nibs
Peg's/Cycle: Nooner Batch #8
Cantillon: Mamouche
Russian River: Row 2/Hill 56
Bells: BA Batch 9000
J Wakefield: DFPFB
Tilquin: Quetsche avec Prunes
Tilquin: Mure
Older Hill Farmstead: All the Madness and Civ series except 2 and older Civil Disobedience, Prolegomena, Phenomenology of Spirit, etc

If you don't have any of those, as long as you can bring something everyone will enjoy, thats all that matters. Maybe NE IPAS or sours/saisons to break up the stouts a little (Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen will always be welcomed!).I could pick people up who prefer to take the train. There is also Merillon Ave stop and 2 other train stations within 3 miles of my house. When I get final yes's from everyone I might also try to order some pizza for the night. Any questions and concerns, please bm me or email me at [email protected].

Back