Nova brewfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
will be my first brewfest, i volunteered to help out. will be working sunday 2nd shift

no idea which brewery. our crew captain requested any brewery but budweiser

I'm sure all the captains requested the same

where in NoVA are you located?

GrogNerd said:
will be my first brewfest, i volunteered to help out. will be working sunday 2nd shift

Woodbridge. I work in McLean

GrogNerd said:

What about you. What brew shop do you go to. I go to jays. I went to the little one in seven corners once, didn't really care for it too much.

Gona miss this one. My son and I usually volunteer first shift Sat, but as luck would have it, we both had knee/foot surgery this past week and have to pass. Its a ton of fun to pour beer and educated folks about what it is they are drinking. A lot of good breweries and good people to work with. We hope to be ready for the fall fest.

BTW, there are several of us home brewers in the Woodbridge area if you ever want to get together.

Sheldon

Sheldon said:
Gona miss this one. My son and I usually volunteer first shift Sat, but as luck would have it, we both had knee/foot surgery this past week and have to pass. Its a ton of fun to pour beer and educated folks about what it is they are drinking. A lot of good breweries and good people to work with. We hope to be ready for the fall fest.

BTW, there are several of us home brewers in the Woodbridge area if you ever want to get together.

Sheldon

Yea that would be cool. I really don't know anyone in the state other than people I work with and a friend down in stafford

Definitely going, not sure which day though. I'm in Burke, work in Fairfax. Been to Jay's too, but it's a long time. Often as not, I end up ordering supplies online.

did anyone volunteer for this year's in june? I heard that the volunteer's were not allowed to drink/taste the beers while they were pouring at their table or while they were wearing the volunteer shirts. any truth to this?

did anyone volunteer for this year's in june? I heard that the volunteer's were not allowed to drink/taste the beers while they were pouring at their table or while they were wearing the volunteer shirts. any truth to this?

I was a volunteer and we were told that was the rule

and absolutely no one broke that rule. not once. ever.

applications for October to be available any second now

I was a volunteer and we were told that was the rule

and absolutely no one broke that rule. not once. ever.

applications for October to be available any second now

Ok, so I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not... My old man and I have volunteered for this fest for the past 5 years but both couldn't make the one this past June. I had a bottle share this weekend where a guy said ABC was cracking down hard on it with people undercover walking around and a full mobile RV unit outside the festival. The only rule in the past has been walking around to the front of the tent to drink and not behind it. We're heading down to Charlottesville this weekend to volunteer for Tops of the Hops so wanted to see if this was for real or not and worth the trip anymore.

applications aren't opening up till 9/15 according to their e-mail too.

Greg

As Josh just said we are supposed to go to C'ville this weekend to volunteer. Hope that isnt the rule down there. Are you serious about not drinking during your shift?

Sheldon

just in case you are a Commonwealth ABC agent, I stand by my original statement.

according to the rules you are only allowed to wear your shirt during your shift and you are not to consume beer behind the taps, step out in front of the beer tent to taste the beer.

and the name is Grog

View attachment Beer Pouring Rules 2013.pdf

poured for St. George Brewing Company, Hampton, VA yesterday at the Fall NoVA Brewfest.

excellent turnout, there were Billions of people there. BILLIONS

St.G's has excellent beers too. a very tasty English IPA and a decent Oktoberfest

they also get the award for Coolest Tap Handles; St. George was a 3rd century Roman soldier who slayed a fire-breathing dragon. He is the patron saint of chivalry and of England. The red cross on the Union Jack is the Cross of St. George

IMG_9037-001.jpg

Latest posts

Back