Nottingham slowed down, far from FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks! Wow, my homebrewing online store is completely wrong on this one, it says: fermentation temperature: 12-25°C (53.6-77°F) ideally 15-22°C (59-71.6°F)

So since Safale recommends 18-28°C, I presume the right approach would be starting low, 18°C for 2-3 days, then moving to a warmer place, perhaps 22-24°C?

Say, when I rack my stuck beer onto a yeast cake, since it'll be going through all its phases, should I start with a low temperature?

The schedule I use for ales (except wheat beers) is 62/65/68, 7 days each for a total of 21 days.. for low gravity beers I use 5 days each (total of 15).. Ive had teat success with this.. for yours I would use 7.. in Celcius, Id use 16/18/20

Thank you for taking the trouble to convert to C for me! ...I really really wish I had a fermentation chamber but I'm not ready after 2 brews to make such an investment. I don't think I'll be able to buy a cheap one on ebay and collecting it from the seller, I'm not willing to drive for hours... I'll have to make do with my cool basement and other, warmer rooms. I know it should be my next investment for improved quality though and it's definitely on my mind, but first I need to properly assess if I'll stick with the hobby.

For now, I think this thread can rest again until I've brewed my next beer. Thank you all again for your help!

Back