Not worried at all, but just wondering...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomebrewHandicapper

...likes to drink and gamble
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I brewed my first wheat beer yesterday, a very simple extract recipe from my lhbs. Not supposed to have a high OG but I decided to make a starter for it anyway. So made a 1500 ml starter, of WL Bavarian Blend, harvested some the "novel approach way" and pitched 1000 ml into my new beer. Did not think about it until this morning but I realized that my starter was made with the same DME I always use (not wheat). I am not worried about this at all, the beer is doing great and the blow off tube is getting a good workout this morning, and I'm sure it'll taste great. I was wondering if this would/does have any effect on the finished product at all or with the yeast? Thanks much for anything you can tell me.

Not at all, most wheat beers are 50/50 malt and wheat. I use Golden DME for all of my starters. 1000ml is small enough anyway and will be undetectable.

Back