Not to self: don't convert recipes while drunk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noggins

Reaction score
*Note to self

FYI: 8oz * 1.6 is 12.8oz

For some reason I decided to write this down last night as 12lb 8oz after one too many ciders, and didn't bother to double check it this morning. I just picked up the grain order and realized I have a ton of extra carapils, milled, with a tiny bit of Crystal 30 mixed in. :ban::ban:

Hey, once some friends and I could not figure out what half of 3/4 cup was while making margaritas by the pitcher. This was after many pitchers and we decided "No, we've had enough, let's only make a half pitcher to end the evening." When we couldn't figure it out, we called in a friend's equally drunk wife who is an engineer from a highly esteemed university (no names to protect the innocent) and it took her a really long time to figure it out.

It's 3/8 btw.

This is the sort of thinking that led a college roommate and I to make tequila sunrises, except that we had no orange juice, so we used Sunny D instead.

Don't do this. Learn from our mistake.

Funny I said this same thing last weekend on brew day. Made 5g using a 3g grain bill. Can just laugh now but I was some pee'ed off the next morning when I finally figured out why my efficiency was less then 50%.

Being drunk is fun..

Off topic drunk story. In my teen years (a few years ago..) I was at a party at a "nearly abandoned" house and we were trying to make kool aid but there wasn't any sugar in the cabinets. Only chocolate chips. We figured since chocolate chips had sugar in them we could mash those up and make the kool aid.

On the bright side, you've got a big beer to brew.

This is the sort of thinking that led a college roommate and I to make tequila sunrises, except that we had no orange juice, so we used Sunny D instead.

Don't do this. Learn from our mistake.

Wait, why? More sugar than regular orange juice?

Back