Not sure if fly sparging correctly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really like reading your maths @doug293cz
Thanks. I do it because I found that learning the math helped me understand how the different steps of the process interact, and pinpoint where issues may be originating. Hopefully, the examples will help others gain the same understanding, and maybe motivate them to dig deeper into the inner workings of brewing. The more you understand about how things work, the better you can control them.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks. I do it because I found that learning the math helped me understand how the different steps of the process interact, and pinpoint where issues may be originating. Hopefully, the examples will help others gain the same understanding, and maybe motivate them to dig deeper into the inner workings of brewing. The more you understand about how things work, the better you can control them.

Brew on :mug:

I couldn't agree more. Very well put.

Definitely agree with you too on learning the necessary equations. The more I get into brewing the more I realise it's the small detail which makes the biggest differences.

I use Excel a lot at work so it's pretty easy for me to put these numbers into excel so in the future I can input my readings and I get an answer in the cell next to it. I'll probably do that from now on anyway to properly measure the efficiency of my kit and work out where the weakest step is. I'm brewing again in 2 weeks, I have some pilsner malt and a few hop varieties I've never used before which I'm excited about, but will make notes along the way.

Thanks for your help on this! I'll probably post again with more stages from brewday.

Back