• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Not mine - Wow.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice!! 200 bucks seems like quite a deal... though i didn't really price anything there out.

I'd be sure to open a bag of hops prior to buying. It wouldn't be a great deal if the hops all smelled like cheese. Otherwise it is a lot of hops for the money.

Calling all Boulder-based HBT'ers! Provided those hops are in decent shape, quite the opportunity for an intrepid brewer. Resell individual lbs of hops here for cheap to move quickly, make a little profit, and keep 360+ lbs of grain for your trouble.

If someone does this, I’ll take a pound each of all 8 varieties. :)

OK, currently the hops and grain are not in Boulder, but he will be bringing them down this week. He says everything is a couple of years old. I'll let everyone know what the verdict is and if I grabbed them.

2yr old hops vacuum sealed in the cold? Um, yeah. I'm okay with some cheap hops. Price is the question. Grain? Uh... awaiting verdict.

The guy should be bringing them down from the mountains this weekend and I'll check them out. If they check out, would $5/lb. be reasonable to sell them for? I'll probably keep a bunch and not sell some. Just feeling it out, not even sure I'll take them all.

The guy should be bringing them down from the mountains this weekend and I'll check them out. If they check out, would $5/lb. be reasonable to sell them for? I'll probably keep a bunch and not sell some. Just feeling it out, not even sure I'll take them all.

If they have not been oxidized (i.e., all retain their original AA) then that would be a fair price. If they have "aged", well that's a lot of lambic to be brewing :(

Good luck, I'd still be interested in a box of Saaz pellet (or maybe the NB, although that's a fairly low AA).

If the cond. is fair, I would be willing to take some off your hands. I could meet you somewhere.

This guy used to be the brewer at a pub in the mountains. He is telling me that they have all been stored properly. He says the hops have "been stored dry and cold or frozen". If they have aged and are cheesy, I won't get them...not worth it for lambics!

Just trying to gauge interest. If the hops are in great shape, I still won't get them if I can't sell a bunch of them.

If they truely are fresh tasting still Id be ibterested in a ccouple lb prob simcoe and amarillo.

Yeah, at $5/ lb, I'd buy some this weekend. Put me down for 1# each of the pellets, plus the centennial and CTZ. If you buy them could you have them weighed/separated by Monday? I'm not local, but have a friend traveling back from that area on Tues morning.

Maybe. I have some people that are interested in whole boxes. The rest I can separate out, probably into ziplocs and ship in flat rate boxes. I'll keep everyone posted

Back