Northern brewer hefeweizen kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triskelion

Reaction score
I've heard very good things about the northern brewer hefeweizen kit and would like to give it a go. however I cannot get hold of it locally so I was just going to try and match the instructions with what ingredients I can get my hands on.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/documentation/beerkits/BavarianHefeweizen.pdf

hows this sound:
3Kg coopers wheat liquid extract
500g muntons wheat dry extract
wyeast 3068
1oz tettnang, 1 hour boil.
coopers priming sugar

would anyone make any changes to this? I was hoping for something like franziskaner, which the kit supposedly replicates. I haven't got on to all grain yet, this is just a slight step up from the coopers wheat kit that I did last.

I started with the kit then started buying ingredients in bulk and from my experience the yeast just makes the beer. If I add extra wheat LME or DME it is pretty similar in taste. The yeast is where most of the flavor comes from and you won't be disappointed.
Cheers

good stuff, I'm going to look into a brew heater and get my extract asap. Its too cold for hefeweizen at the minute

Latest posts

Back