North NJ/NY groupbuy #4 July/August

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
theres one posted on the njhopz message board with a loading dock but doesnt look like theres enough interest for a full palet yet

anyone looking to buy grain anytime soon? trying to start a fire under this one and get it going!

id be in for 2-3 sacks, but only if pickup is in the mid hudson valley. cheaper for me to pay individual shipping vs gas for a 3 hours round trip drive.

I'd be in for a few. I got a letter from north country malt a month or two ago saying they weren't taking new accounts but would continue to honor already existing ones so long as they were kept active, so I'd be willing to use my account to do the order with. I don't have any connections as far as a delivery point though.

I'd probably like to get in on this too. I'll be brewing tomorrow and see what I'll need. Location is slightly important and I'd be willing to pick up for others. I'm in the Bear Mountain area for those in Rockland, Orange, Westchester, Bergen Counties. I may have a couple others who could get in on my order as well.

This buy is dead. The person who originally ran it posted that he couldn't do it anymore, which was the first blow. I tried to resurrect it, but there wasn't much interest so it fell to the wayside. By the time people started speaking up, Country Malt stopped taking new accounts.

So to sum it up, unless the original organizer, or someone else with a prior account through Country Malt decides to organize this group buy, it's dead and buried.

I recommend you check out the South Jersey buy and organize together to mitigate the pick-up cost. I've been doing that with my homebrew club and it has been working great.

i'm in for 2 depending on location, we have half a pallet already jsut from the posts today

This buy is dead. The person who originally ran it posted that he couldn't do it anymore, which was the first blow. I tried to resurrect it, but there wasn't much interest so it fell to the wayside. By the time people started speaking up, Country Malt stopped taking new accounts.

So to sum it up, unless the original organizer, or someone else with a prior account through Country Malt decides to organize this group buy, it's dead and buried.

I recommend you check out the South Jersey buy and organize together to mitigate the pick-up cost. I've been doing that with my homebrew club and it has been working great.

I know a guy at West Point Military Academy that has an account (I'm not sure if mine is still active or even what my acct # would be) however the delivery point is in Newburgh. How much interest is there for there? Again, I can help out to a certain degree on pickup.

Unless it was really close I'd probably be out. The South Jersey one has been working really good for my club. I'd be interested, but it would have to be somewhere in North Jersey, preferably not too far up the GSP.

I have CMG account and can order, i am in poughkeepsie though and no access to fork lift.

Back