Normal fermentation?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumber8302

Reaction score
image-1881861694.jpg

First batch here. Does this look like normal fermentation? I brewed it Saturday and Sunday and Monday it was bubbling out of the airlock like crazy. I just took the lid off to check it out and I was picturing more foam or krausan(sp?). How can I tell if the fermentation stalled? The temperature is at 66 f and went as high as 70 f when it first started fermenting. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Looks fine. Put the cover back on and leave it alone. After 2 weeks take a fg reading and bottle. Fermentation can be ugly. 99 times out of 100 it will turn out fine.

looking good!!

I brewed on Sat as well and having hard time waiting on the fermentation as well - I'm getting thirsty

Awesome! Being my first batch, I wanted to see what the process looked like real quick and wanted to make sure everything looked normal with the pros! Thanks for the help!

GT-Nuck said:
looking good!!

I brewed on Sat as well and having hard time waiting on the fermentation as well - I'm getting thirsty

Haha! No doubt!

plumber8302 said:
Awesome! Being my first batch, I wanted to see what the process looked like real quick and wanted to make sure everything looked normal with the pros! Thanks for the help!

I hear ya...it's almost hard to believe sometimes that it will turn out ok. I've seen some horrible looking things in my fermenter but the beer has always come out good. Rdwhahb!!!

Back