Norcal newbie in San Rafael

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afbarr

Reaction score
Just brewed my first extract batch (an English bitter) 1.5 weeks ago. Looking forward to bottling it this Saturday. Then once I have my carboy cleaned, I am going to try another extract brewing -- this time an American amber the following day on Sunday :)

Then after that, I'd like to try a session beer... perhaps the MoreBeer extract kit for 21st Amendment's (an SF brewery) Bitter American. And after that, I'd like to invest in an all-grain system and try an all-grain.

I just read the Zainasheff & White book called "Yeast" so I am excited to start yeast farming because I'm a geek like that ;)

Cheers,
Aaron

Hey Aaron.. welcome. Morebeer has some good kits. I've started pretty much buying Brewers Best now. They are being sold at Whole Foods here in Santa Rosa for a good price... Don't think I'll be doing AG for a while. Having too much fun with the good brews from extract w/grains

Hello. I'm down in El Cerrito and got started a few month ago with some purchases at Oakbarrel Winecraft in Berkeley. They have excellent extract kits with everything you need for about $33. I did two so far and both have been fantastic. They have bulk LME and DME along with self serve grain bins. They also have 2-row for $1.25 lb.

Check out Deathbrewers BIAB sticky. He works there and is a cool dude who knows alot. My next batch will be a BIAB all grain.

Latest posts

Back