Nooby - Eastern Shore, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdubn2deep

Reaction score
How goes it! Just started brewing as it looks like many other ding dongs do after the holiday season. People wanted to get me a gift, so what better than the gift that keeps giving:mug:

So far, I started with a dogfish 60 minute kit and after brewing thought I wanted to do something different. Since it was at point of bottling, i figured the only thing I could do was adjust priming sugar, which a made a custom brown sugar from organic maple syrup and white sugar, ran just short of ingredients so added agave to get the weight. Turned out phenominal in my opinion, could definately taste the brown sugar finish.
I then tried my hand at a customlager, fermenting at 48*F. I soaked oak cubes in Captain Mo and added to secondary. Will bottle this week.
Then Jamil's Black Forrest Stout which I just transferred to secondary over black cherries. Tasted great out of primary.
Then my first boo boo, went for ten gallon batch, wanted something light for spring. Went off dogfish 60 min recipe I had thinking to add 14.5%AA to full boil. After primary was bad bitter. then realized the gradual add of hops to 60 min. I decided to add 5# of peaches to secondary and give it some time, hope it works out.. I have learned a lot from this forum over the last three months, figured it was time to join - Thanks for all of your help!

Where are you on the Eastern Shore ? I am moving down there from NJ and looking to talk with local brewers ? Dan

Sounds good. Lets stay in touch as time goes by as I am looking to set up a micro brewery within the next 2 years.

Back