Noob trying to get two Kegs going with a Danby Kegarator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carloscede2

Reaction score
Im putting a list of the things I need. I decided not to mod the danby tower cause its to much work and I dont have the tools nor the help to perform it. So, If you would please look at these things and tell me if Im missing something 9or you recommend that I buy something) or Im adding something that I dont need I would pretty much appreciate it. I already have the co2 tank, the regulator and a sanke D coupler.

Commercial Grade 2 Way Gas Distributor (Manifold)

Stainless Steel Dual Tap Beer Tower

Bevlex 200 Thick Wall Beer Line - 3/16" ID x 7/16" OD (per foot)* 20ft

UltraFlex 5/16" ID Red Vinyl Tubing (CO2 Gas Line) (per foot)*6 ft

Pin Lock MFL Beverage Disconnect* (2pcs)

Pin Lock MFL Gas Disconnect* (2pcs)

Easy-Turn (Butterfly) Hose Clamp - 1/2"*(4pcs0

Deluxe Faucet Wrench (for Faucet, Nuts & Beer Towers)

Liquid Dip Tube And Beer Line Keg Brush

Carboy Brush

Stainless Steel Swivel Nut - 1/4" Barb

Stainless Steel Swivel Nut - 5/16" Barb

I just finished my kegerator. I would strongly recommend that you draw a basic diagram of what you want to build (this should simplify things and avoid multiple trips to get hardware odds and ends)
For instance: You listed 4 hose clamps above, but you may need a lot more (two kegs and a two way manifold I would assume you will need clamps *2 between regulator and manifold; *4 between manifold and pin-lock QD (Gas); *4 between faucet shanks and QD(liquid))

Also, have you considered the internal layout of the Kegerator? Do two Pin locks fit? (they are shorter and fatter than Ball Locks) My two ball-locks JUST fit in my Haier fridge and I modded the door to make that work. Will your CO2 bottle fit inside the fridge? or be mounted outside? (mine is outside so i needed extra gas line, a 1/2 drill bit and all weather caulking to make that work)

20 " of beer line should be way more than enough (remember, you have to get all of tht stuff to fit neatly in the fridge) and protip, heat those 3/16 lines with hot water to get em to fit over the 1/4 barbs, makes it a LOT easier

Back