No-Sparge Calculations On A Blichmann BrewEasy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gustatorian

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

First time posting. I recently purchased a Blichmann Breweasy and have had efficiency issues. I've brewed on it a couple times with mediocre results across the board. Wondering if anybody knows the calculations/scaling formulas for basically a no-sparge set up. I've looked at several online articles and Palmer's How To Brew and everything is confusing. The blichmann manual basically says to use 2.75-3 quarts per pound of grain, but each time I've done that, I've only yielded, at most, 4 gallons (maybe I'm boiling at too hot a temp?) strangely I hit around my target OG.. Also have attempted to use Beersmith, but lost on that, as well. Can anybody provide a simple formula or an example to help me out?

Beersmith has an equipment profile for the BrewEasy. You need to got to add on's. And download the new profile. Then just add the mash water needed with the sparge water, and add it all at once. For the 5 gal setup, it is around 8.75 gallons.

Latest posts

Back