No one sleeps like this!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG- I don't know 'netflix', 'tumblr', 'black mirror', and more- and I don't want to know!

I have a box called a TV at one of my houses, and I do turn that once in a great while, but I don't want to know anything about the rest of this stuff!!!!!!

I watched a movie on the TV about three years ago, I think. We went to a library, and got a DVD and took it home and watched it. Maybe it was longer- maybe 5-8 years ago? It was great- Eddie Vedder doing the soundtrack for a movie about a guy in the Alaska wilderness.

That was the last movie I saw, but I know I turned the TV on after that. I mean it's old, but it still works as far as I know. I'll check in April to make sure, because I really don't know for sure, though. :drunk:

Because of my job as a Sales Manager, 8-14 hours a day I am strapped to my notebook, my iPhone, or my desk phone.

I do like to have my phone outside of work, it's nice to be able to google an answer to a question we are pondering during an old fashioned conversation. But that's it, outside of work, I rarely use my iPhone. Maybe sitting in an airport I'll check FB (sorry, don't like the HBT app too much), but not much more. I probably use my phone as an e-book (outside of work) more than I use it as a phone.

My question is: what the he11 are these people texting, calling, blogging about ALL DAY LONG! Are they complete narcissists? Game addicts? Again, I talk to people for a living, I am not anti social at all. But really, there's no way I could socialize 4 hours a day on a phone. Now, kitty videos, that's a whole other thing, those are great.

That video is exactly what goes on in your head when you have six months left on your contract with a broken flip-phone.

I have been on first dates where midway through she will pull out her phone and text. I take that as a immediate 'not interested' and let that dictate the rest of the date. I am one of those people who like to be polite and put my phone on vibrate or no ringer while I am around people so that I can give them my full attention. If my phone starts blowing up I will apologize and excuse myself to go elsewhere to answer/call back or see where the fire is. Its rude. Dont do it.

Then again, I am still single and in my mid 30s so maybe I am wrong.

and I still see this comic when I see instagram listed somewhere.
water.png

Yooper: NetFlix is a service that allows you to watch movies on your TV without having to go to the library or RedBox or whatever to get them. :) FWIW, Amazon has a service for those of us who are "Prime" members that allows you to watch TV shows and movies as well, including some Amazon-only shows.

Yooper: NetFlix is a service that allows you to watch movies on your TV without having to go to the library or RedBox or whatever to get them. :) FWIW, Amazon has a service for those of us who are "Prime" members that allows you to watch TV shows and movies as well, including some Amazon-only shows.

Not to get too off topic, but I love amazon prime. I have hulu and netflix, but nothing lets me watch, listen, or order stuff like amazon does. I got my new fire stick a month ago too and it just aids my addiction to amazon. /Off topic-ness :off:

SWMBO and I don't have cell phones. We each had one for two years, moved here and at my house you could only get a signal in the driveway. The contract expired and never got any more, that was in 2005, never looked back... I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them I don't have a cell phone, they are always shocked. I have a desk job and SWMBO stays at home, what do I need a cell phone for, the extra $100+ a month payment plus the RF energy zipping through my head? A guy I work with told me he has cancer on his ear from his cell phone. Sorry phone companies, I'll keep my money and you can keep your tracking devices...

SWMBO and I don't have cell phones. We each had one for two years, moved here and at my house you could only get a signal in the driveway. The contract expired and never got any more, that was in 2005, never looked back... I love the look on peoples faces when I tell them I don't have a cell phone, they are always shocked. I have a desk job and SWMBO stays at home, what do I need a cell phone for, the extra $100+ a month payment plus the RF energy zipping through my head? A guy I work with told me he has cancer on his ear from his cell phone. Sorry phone companies, I'll keep my money and you can keep your tracking devices...

You could get an outdoor high gain directional antenna and route it to an in-home repeater for excellent cell signal.

Come to the dark side! We have Angry Birds!

Or get a pay-as-you-go ,or Pay-Lo as Virgin Mobile calls'em now, It costs $20-$30 a month for plenty of minutes/text/net time. I pay 30 bucks a month & now use the speakerphone button more often.

Or get a pay-as-you-go ,or Pay-Lo as Virgin Mobile calls'em now, It costs $20-$30 a month for plenty of minutes/text/net time. I pay 30 bucks a month & now use the speakerphone button more often.

Nah. I'd rather spend that money on these instead.

http://www.mychicagosteak.com/Dry-Aged-Prime-Beef-BoneIn-Ribeye/productinfo/PSD156

They'll be here tomorrow. I think that dinner on Friday night will be these, grilled to a nice medium-rare with a glass or two of that Belgian Dubbel I made in November.

Y'all enjoy those phones, I'll pass :cool:

Sems like really high prices to me. 4-8oz sirloins on sale for 75 bucks? yikes!

They're actually 18 ounce dry aged, prime, bone-in rib eyes. Not the USDA choice crap from your local Kroger's or Wally-World...

Still, no cellphone bill for the last 10 years... priceless :rockin:

Back