No more Bubbles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Singto

Reaction score
Hi guys, My brew was bubbling for 3 days now theres nothing? did a gravity test 1020, is it all done and now just wait till my 10-14 days are up?
I'm in thailand so room temp is around 84 at night I have AC on.
hope you can help its a all grain IPA 1 gallon batch.

I'd honestly worry more about your fermentation temps. Seems like a swamp cooler would be good in your case.

I'd honestly worry more about your fermentation temps. Seems like a swamp cooler would be good in your case.

Yes, 84 degrees ambient temperature could allow the fermenting beer to get almost to 94 degrees. That is way too warm. Since it has already been 3 days, it is already too late. You will likely have some bad off flavors from the hot temperature.

Find a way to control the wort temperature during fermentation. Most ale yeast will do best in the mid sixties Fahrenheit.

Do another batch and control the fermentation temperatures.

Well its a bit late to not do the gravity, its done 1020 was the read but after putting all back and a shake its still letting of a few bubbles thou its got a lot of sediment in the bottom, I guess I'll wait till 7days are up and strain/drain to the second fermentation vessel?
Any thoughts?:mug:

Do not shake the beer. If you need to get yeast roused a very gentle swirl to stir up the sediment. Any splashing will oxidize the beer. Think wet cardboard.

At this point wait 14 days then bottle it. There is no need to do a secondary.

Do not shake the beer. If you need to get yeast roused a very gentle swirl to stir up the sediment. Any splashing will oxidize the beer. Think wet cardboard.

At this point wait 14 days then bottle it. There is no need to do a secondary.

This exactly!!!!

Also, you can learn a lot from others here on this forum, and most questions have probably already been asked. No airlock activity, stalled fermentations, use of secondary, fermentation temps, swamp coolers, you name it have been discussed extensively here. By searching "stopped bubbling" I got over 700 results regarding your issue. You can usually solve your own problems with a little searching. I've seen this same question like three times in the past week. Cheers :mug:

Latest posts

Back