no krausen with robust porter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbarrister

Reaction score
I just brewed a robust porter from brewing classic styles. I used WL001 that I washed from a previous batch and made a starter the night before. The airlock is bubbling like crazy, but I have never brewed a dark beer before so I didn't know if this is normal for dark beers or maybe using the washed yeast results ina less vigorous fermentation? Cheers for any insight.

I brewed a robust porter on Sunday, I used my washed yeast from my Coopers stout... I made a starter using DME, 100g in 1 liter. I added a liter of the liquid of the washed yeast to the starter, and it was going real good before pitching. It's Tuesday, and after a day of amazing hard bubbling fermentation, it's come to an airlock burp every couple seconds, AND No krausen... I see on the bottom of the FV a bunch of flocculated yeast... is it possible, I had too much yeast in a 1.044 OG batch?

Back