Nitro beer pouring flat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruteforce

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying my hand at nitro beers for the first time. I've the stout faucet with restrictor disk that I'm pouring through. The beer has been on beer gas @45psi for 11 days. When I pour, there's a tiny bit of foam and a few bubbles, but its certainly not the cascading nitro experience I was hoping for. I was wondering if my regulator wasn't cooperating, so I removed the restrictor disk, and it's definitely at 45ish psi. Also, nice, foamy, cascading. But messy since it's rocketing out of the tap. Put the disk back in, pouring flat again.

So... now what? I'm using the standard stout faucet from AIH if that matters.

https://www.homebrewing.org/Stout-Faucet_p_805.html

You say the beer has been on nitro for 11 days. Do you mean that that is the way you carbed the beer or was the beer already carbed when you put it on beer gas?The reason I ask is because you cannot force carb with beer gas, if you try severely undercarbed beer is what you'll inevitably get.

You say the beer has been on nitro for 11 days. Do you mean that that is the way you carbed the beer or was the beer already carbed when you put it on beer gas?The reason I ask is because you cannot force carb with beer gas, if you try severely undercarbed beer is what you'll inevitably get.
You're exactly right that i tried to force carb with the beer gas. Well, at least now I know what I did wrong! Thanks for the help.

Back