Nikobrew hops grab bags and random pounds o hops!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikobrew

Reaction score
UPDATE *THIS SALE IS OVER! STAY TUNED, WE MAY RUN IT AGAIN SOON!*

Good morning fellow homebrewers!

Some of you may remember these from wayyy back when. Well, they're back while supplies last, or until Monday at 10PM pst, whichever comes first!

Here's the deal:

We have dozens of varieties of older crop hops. These have been stored incredibly well, below freezing and in nitrogen flushed mylar. Whenever we have had these in the past people have been VERY impressed with, and surprised by the quality, even though these are older hops! One variety is from the 2011 crop, and all the rest are 2012 crop.

The fun part is you don't know what you're getting until they show up! All hops are clearly labeled with crop year, variety, and the alpha acid content at the time of pelleting. Stored this way, any alpha acid content change is very minimal, and generally unnoticeable. This is from the mouths of customers.

We have two versions of this deal:

*SOLD OUT*
Grab bags: 8 2oz packs for $12

And

STILL HAVE
Random Pack o Hops: 4 single lb bags for $36

As always, shipping of ANY AMOUNT OF HOPS (seriously, ANY amount) to ANY address in ANY state of the US (yes, this includes Alaska and Hawaii), APO/FPO, US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico is just $5. We also have great international rates.

Thanks folks and have a great weekend!

Thanks for your support! We have sold out of the 8x2oz bag option but still have quite a few 4x1LB packs left!

With the 4 one pound bags is it 4 different or 4 of one variety?

Great question! I should have posted that initially. You SHOULD be getting 4 different varieties. There's a couple dozen varieties in all but since there's not an even number of lbs of each of the variety, it's possible there will be some duplicates. BUT the sooner you get your order in, the likelier you are to get 4 different varieties. It's when we get down to the last pounds that you may end up getting some duplicates.

So are you sold out of the 4 x 1lb option? I get a page not found when using your link.

So are you sold out of the 4 x 1lb option? I get a page not found when using your link.

The sale is actually over (10PM PST Monday/Yesterday or while supplies last). It's likely we'll run this again in the future but we want the dust to settle in the warehouse first. We received 2 weeks worth of orders over the course of 3 days. Thanks!

I'm a first time buyer, and I bought four pounds. Ordered on the 20th, received on the 26th. Very good turnaround, considering the holiday involved. The hops I received are all 2012 crop, and of the 4 varieties, one I use often, one I've seen around regularly, but have never used, and the other two varieties I had to research, as I had no idea what they were. With my newly gained knowledge, (and hops), I'm looking forward to going all-in on some styles I typically don't brew very often.

I'm very pleased with the entire experience, and will definitely be partaking in this sale again the next time it pops up. I'll likely also make other hop purchases from them during the year, if they have the variety I'm looking for at the time.

I'm a first time buyer, and I bought four pounds. Ordered on the 20th, received on the 26th. Very good turnaround, considering the holiday involved. The hops I received are all 2012 crop, and of the 4 varieties, one I use often, one I've seen around regularly, but have never used, and the other two varieties I had to research, as I had no idea what they were. With my newly gained knowledge, (and hops), I'm looking forward to going all-in on some styles I typically don't brew very often.

I'm very pleased with the entire experience, and will definitely be partaking in this sale again the next time it pops up. I'll likely also make other hop purchases from them during the year, if they have the variety I'm looking for at the time.

What did you get?

Have you ever thought about offering the 8x2oz random grabs bags as a regular item? I missed the deal but I like to experiment with different flavors and I think grab bag o hops is a great way to encourage people experiment.

Back