NHC contest registration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you guys think about limiting number of entries to 3?
Maybe a higher limit for AHA members to encourage membership?

They already provide the $5 discount to AHA members. So if you were going to submit more than 5 entries the discount almost makes the AHA membership pay for itself. I'd be surprised if more then 10% of the entries were from non-AHA members.

They probably should do a limit, at something higher like 8 though. Or 1 entry per category, not sub-category.

Some of that is mitigated by the first and second round judging - getting a beer to the second round is quite difficult in itself. You need to factor in the judges, how that beer has held up - many factors. But also, he did factor that in by stating out of a minimum number of entries:

Ah...my reading skills are suffering today :)

They already provide the $5 discount to AHA members. So if you were going to submit more than 5 entries the discount almost makes the AHA membership pay for itself. I'd be surprised if more then 10% of the entries were from non-AHA members.

They probably should do a limit, at something higher like 8 though. Or 1 entry per category, not sub-category.

Speaking of these rules. Can I enter a beer as head brewer in the 21a category and also be an additional brewer for a beer submitted in the same category?

Speaking of these rules. Can I enter a beer as head brewer in the 21a category and also be an additional brewer for a beer submitted in the same category?

Rule 7(a):

7. Are there entry limitations?
(a) Entrants may only submit one entry per subcategory. For categories that have no subcategories (Categories 20 and 23), you may only submit one entry. An entrant may be an Additional Brewer for an entry in a subcategory they have already entered as the main brewer (e.g. John Doe enters an American Pale Ale, Category 10A, and is also the Additional Brewer on an American Pale Ale submitted by Jane Smith).

You know, if you're a bad ass who can manage to brew/make 100 different styles, that are national level quality, and you spend the $1000 to enter them all, and the judges blindly pick a majority of them as excellent beers, what's the problem again? Oh, it makes everyone exceedingly jealous.

You know, if you're a bad ass who can manage to brew/make 100 different styles, that are national level quality, and you spend the $1000 to enter them all, and the judges blindly pick a majority of them as excellent beers, what's the problem again? Oh, it makes everyone exceedingly jealous.

The problem is that there are 750 entries per site and individuals can only send to one site. With the speed that this year filled up and the scarcity of entry spots, having one person send 100 of 750 entries doesn't seem fair to me.

Back