Newby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JL72189

Reaction score
Hello all I am new to the site and new to Home Brewing, I am looking into kegging my 3 batch ever. I cannot decide what I should buy. I see the wall mart special at 499 and Home depot at 599. I was wondering if you guys had any insight on what would be a good investment.

Thank you

JL

Wallmart

Home Depot

check out craigslist. you can get a chest freezer cheap and build a keezer with a temp controller. you can probably also find kegerators there too

I would also recommend craigslist. I got a nice huge freezer (holds 8 kegs) for $80. Remember, once you factor in the cost of the kegging equipment and the temp controller you're going to be up there in cost.

I also went the route of buying a chest freezer on craigslist. There are many options but if you are set on using a mini-fridge kegerator I would also check craigslist as I have seen them on there on multiple occasions. Also, it might be worth looking at the "Show us your Kegerator" thread in order to get some ideas of all the options.

Back