Newbie wanting to learn!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barmaid1971

Reaction score
Hi there

Glad to have found this forum. I'm very lucky to live in the country with a wealth of free food around us. Also love my wine. Also love to cook.

I've made jam til it comes out of our ears and so I thought I'd give homebrewing a go. I've got the minimum of equipment so far (couple of fermenting buckets, funnel, muslin, siphoning tube, demi-john, air lock, sanitiser, and a few other bits and pieces). I made elderflower champagne in June and apart from the 2 litres that ended up spraying the utility room and me when I burped it, that was around 5 litres of very pleasant, summer fizz!

We now have an absolute glut of cherry plums (black, red and yellow). This year they are great and quite sweet (I thought they were a bit bitter and tough skinned last year, but they still made some v nice jam and gin). In fact I feel a bit sick now for walking round the garden and scoffing them off the trees. I was wondering about cherry plum wine?!! Or even cherry plum fizz! So I shall be searching for recipes!!

Back