Newbie from Red Lion, PA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredGSX

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have been legally drinking beer for 5 years now and I think it has been my calling to make my own for a while. I love traveling to different breweries no matter where I go. I really enjoy the brew pubs where you get to get a sampler and some food. Nothing like a burger and 8 different beers in front of you, even though they are small. I have yet to acquire the taste of IPA’s but I am working on it. At this point I can at least get them down, just not many. I really enjoy wheat beers and lagers.

I have been a car guy my whole life and wrenched on everything I own. Everyone knows a form of payment for a job well done is a good beer for any grease monkey and I am no different. I have many hobbies and I try to be perfect at all of them, but this one I am excited about.

I just got my first set up for my birthday on July 9th and attended a beginner’s class this weekend on how to brew beer. I am going to be beginning a batch this week in hopes of making something I can share with my close friends and long as it is drinkable. From what I have seen the process is simple, but can become complex. I am hoping to learn and try many styles of brewing over the next 50 years of my life and see where it takes me.

Wecome and have fun. And i see you know about Mr steve's. I was there too. Very informative class.

Welcome, I have found Mr. Steves over by the Galleria mall to be very helpful and fully stocked. If there is anything I can assist with, please feel free to ask...:D

Well thanks to you all. I am glad to see some of you are local and I look forward to meeting some of you in events over the future years. I am not new to forums and I am even a moderator of one, but it is car related. I find that forums are a great place for knowledge, you just have to look. This seems to be the best on I have found, so I am sure I will be on here pretty often.

I have been reading as much as I can, but I still have questions which I will figure out as I make my first batch and ask at Mr. Steves when I go get my supplies tomorrow. I have decided to leave the box kits for Betty Crocker to use and start off trying the real thing out of the hole. I am going to be making a Weizenbier from a recipe in 'The Brewers Bible'. I guess in one month I will know how well it works out when I put my lips and life to the test, lol.

I hope to learn a lot from everyone and eventually become a contributor in the future once I get everything figured out. I will definitely feel free to ask questions and as for flyangler18, I am sure we will cross paths one day. I will definitely take you up on that offer once I get some stability in the home brewing game.

FireBrewer, it's kind of ironic, but about 6 months ago I ordered a book about brewing and the one you linked me to was the one. Between that and 'Joy of Home Brewing' I got all my bases covered. Now I just need time to read them.

I will definetly check out the Lancaster County Brewers and maybe come to a meet or something in the future. Right now I am just working on learning and answering all the small questions I still have.

FireBrewer, it's kind of ironic, but about 6 months ago I ordered a book about brewing and the one you linked me to was the one. Between that and 'Joy of Home Brewing' I got all my bases covered. Now I just need time to read them.

Good choice. :mug:

Cheers!

Back