Newbie from DE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluehen

Reaction score
Hey All!
Big fan of beer, here. Yesterday for my brithday a good friend (freyguy, on the board) bought me pretty much everything I need to make quality beer. This is a significant upgrade from the Mr. Beer kit I used before. I really look forward to making my own stuff, and the help I can receive from the experience here on the board.

Now if I can only decide on which recipe to brew first.....

Welcome to the forum, bluehen. You're in the right place to learn.

If you plan to start with extract kits, check out the myriad kits available from http://www.austinhomebrew.com/ The extensive choices give you lots to choose from. Well, for that matter, almost all of their kits can be ordered in extract, PM, or all-grain, so it really doesn't matter what brewing method you start out with.

My first was an Extra Special Bitter, and it turned out great.

freyguy must be a pretty good friend. Maybe brew something he likes and share it with him.

Welcome aboard! You're only 20 minutes away. I get loads of stuff from Austin Homebrew, but I also try to support the local shop. "How Do You Brew", in Newark, has most essentials and they are nice people and very helpful.

I've only been brewing less than a year but have about 30 batches under my belt (literally:D ) but I've learned a lot so far. I've moved to AG but still do extract batches when time is an issue and besides, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to do things so my brewery is a random jumble of experiments. Let me know if you ever need a brewing partner and we can get together and share info & brew.

Thanks for the welcome, folks.

I have been to How Do You Brew several times and always look for the opportunity to support the local guy in whatever I do.

Hopfan, let me get some of the basics down a bit, then we'll definitely get together. I don't want to waste your time with a total rookie.

Latest posts

Back