Newbie from Central Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMayberry

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I've wanted to homebrew for years and finally got the nerve to buy the stuff i need to start last Sunday. It arrived via UPS yesterday and so, here we go.

I just started my first brew today, a "Coopers Lager kit". I'm hoping that by starting basic and then learning as I go, I'll brew a drinkable beer and have some fun along the way.

I wanna give u all a big prethanks for all the answers that you will provide when i screw this thing up :)

/salute

Terry

Greetings!
Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, just an advice from me for your first brew (if I got that right).

Sanitation is utterly important!
And, I see you are brewing a lager, those ones need a lower fermentation temperature (around 52 F), so make sure it stays around that.

Good luck, hope everything goes better than planned!

Greetings!
Welcome to the forum, I'm new here too, just an advice from me for your first brew (if I got that right).

Sanitation is utterly important!
And, I see you are brewing a lager, those ones need a lower fermentation temperature (around 52 F), so make sure it stays around that.

Good luck, hope everything goes better than planned!

Thanks for the advice. I did a moderate amount of research before i started. I purchased a 1-step sanitizer and used it per the instructions. I have read that Lagers ferment at lower temps. The confusing factor is that "Coopers Lager" isn't really a lager because it comes with an "Ale" yeast. The recommended fermentation temp is 70-80 degrees.

Anyways, I'm excited and look forward to reading these forums and getting to know the people on here.

Back